During a press briefing on Monday, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany had had enough of answering questions that didn’t seem so important.
During 20 whole minutes of answering questions, not one question regarding the deadly shootings was asked. Instead, the media asked questions focused on Confederate flags.
Nearing the end of the press briefing, McEnany got tired of letting the media ignore the elephant in the room. “Finally, I’d end with this: I was asked probably twelve questions about the Confederate flag. This president’s focused on action. I’m a little dismayed that I didn’t receive one question on the deaths that we got in this country this weekend. I didn’t receive one question about New York City shootings doubling for the third straight week and over the last seven days, shootings skyrocket by 142%. Not one question.”
She continued, “I didn’t receive one question about five children who were killed. And I’ll leave you with this remark by a dad; it broke my heart. A dad of an eight-year-old lost in Atlanta this weekend: “They say Black Lives Matter? You killed a child; she didn’t do nothing to nobody,” was his quote. We need to be focused on securing our streets; making sure no lives were lost, because all black lives matter. That of David Dorn and that of this eight-year-old girl.”
Watch as McEnany rips the media apart:
McEnany was correct in saying that the media failed to ask any important questions concerning the deadly shootings. Here are just a few of the bogus questions she was asked, as reported by the Daily Wire.
1. Why is the president so supportive of flying the Confederate flag?
2. Does he believe NASCAR should fly the Confederate flag and why don’t they fly it here?
3. What is the president’s position? Does he think NASCAR made a mistake by banning the Confederate flag?
4. Let’s drill down on the Confederate flag. Does he think it was a mistake for NASCAR to ban it?
5. Does he think NASCAR’s ratings are down because they banned the Confederate flag?
6. Does he think his supporters should not take the flag to Trump rallies?
7. Has he considered banning the Confederate flag from Trump rallies?
8. What exactly does the president see as positive or uniting about the Confederate flag?
If the media weren’t so obviously ignoring the deadly shootings, at least one — if not all — of the questions should have been regarding those.